The last few days have been unseasonably warm in Boulder and I’m LOVING it. Your car or phone might read a mere “high of 50” but up in the mountains, the sun feels so hot! And despite the snow patches, I was able to take a stroll to Pearl St. today without a jacket; so I’m not complaining! The quick springtime preview has made me excited to pull out some of my favorite spring looks, but I know I still have a few weeks before it’s really time!
Meanwhile, I’ve complied a few trends and looks I’m loving for spring. Super eager to try them out!
1. Monaco Blue: This will be my statement color this season. It’s so rich and beautiful and looks great contrasted with white or graphic prints to help it pop! It also makes you look fabulously tan!
2. Graphic Prints: Like a statement color, graphic prints add a great pop to an outfit and are extremely versatile and easy to incorporate. I currently have a pair of leopard print harem pants hanging in my closet just waiting to see sunlight; but if you prefer a more subtle look, a fun clutch or printed heel will add the perfect touch.
3. Neon + Nude/Neutral Contrast: This is a look I have been dying over for over a year. I spotted it last fall on tumblr.com and thought it was the perfect edgy-meets-classic look. In high fashion you might see a completely neutral outfit with neon accessories, but for a more everyday look try a nude flat with a neon cap toe, or neutral colored sheer top under a vibrant blazer!
4. Ethnic Inspired: Ethnic inspired prints and accessories remind me of summers in Colombia buying artisinal jewelry, warm weather, and traveling…which I tend to do in the spring/summer months. For me, they never go out of style.
5. Minimalist Look: Recently I have come to appreciate a very simplified style. You can never go wrong with a tailored pair of skinny pants, structured top, and delicate heels contrasted by a piece of statement jewelry.
What are you excited about for springtime’s fashion? xo
*all pictures found on pinterest/tumblr.